COMPLEX ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER
Complex Environmental Manager
This position is responsible for the day to day operations of Wastewater Treatment, Offal Facility and the Water Plant. This will include the training and supervision of staff, maintenance of facility, housekeeping, safety and all regulatory compliance of the building, grounds and treatment facility. Gather and submit all samples in compliance with EPA Regulations. Ensure that all documentation is in place and kept up to date per Pilgrim's Pride Policy and Local, State and Federal Agencies
- Manage Wastewater Department
- Supervise Wastewater personnel
- Perform tests as required to treat water properly
- Train personnel in best practices for keeping water in compliance with City and State requirements
- Keep accurate records and ensure all documentation is kept up to date and accurate
- Take and submit water samples as required
- Make sure all safety rules and requirements are followed
- Supervise cleaning and maintenance of wastewater and offal departments
- Communicate effectively with regulators on matters related to permitting, expansion and non-compliance issues.
- Ensure that all facilities obtain and maintain necessary environmental permits.
- Investigate complaints.
- Provide for environmental training for staff and division personnel.
- Ensure that all facilities have adequate and efficient environmental protection systems. Supervise design, construction and startup as may be required. Collaborate with Division Engineers on design, budgeting, startup and permitting on projects assigned to them. Stay current on changing regulations and technology.
- Participate in the emergency and chemical release reporting and response program.
- Provide reports to management.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering or similar field preferred.
- Proven management skills.
- Must possess a minimum Class III Waste Water License or have the ability to obtain an appropriate State Certified license within twelve months of employment.
- Experience with environmental engineering.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance, wastewater treatment and air permitting programs.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook).
- Previous experience working with and appropriately handling confidential information.