1st SHIFT ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR
POSITION: Accounting Supervisor 1st Shift
LOCATION: Ottumwa, Iowa
SALARY CLASS: Exempt
- Manage facility livestock accounting functions.
- Assist with month end close responsibilities, including journal entry preparation, balance sheet reconciliations.
- Bank reconciliations related to livestock procurement.
- Prepare sox compliance documentation.
- Reconcile production reporting to financial reporting.
- Assist with internal control compliance & process improvement.
- Perform various other tasks as needed to ensure efficiency in the accounting department
- Weekend work required on occasion.
- Partner with plant management, production employees, and livestock producers.
- Maintain relationships with livestock producers and carriers
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- SAP or comparable ERP system preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively—verbally & in writing.
- Knowledge of accounting and compliance principles & practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Good attendance and safety records
- Bachelor degree required, accounting or finance degree preferred.
- Previous accounting experience preferred
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.