Position Title: Interpreter (Karen/Burmse)
Reports to: Human Resources/Training
Shift/Work Days: 1st Shift
Responsible for listening to, understanding, and interpreting spoken or translating written statements from one language to another.
- Facilitate effective communication between two parties that do not speak a similar language by converting one spoken or written language to another.
- Attend meetings and act as official translator to mediate discussion.
- Relay concepts and ideas between languages.
- Convert written materials and conversations from one language into another, such as advertisements, rules, policies and investigation reports.
- Translate information for applicants during interviews and with hiring paperwork.
- Assist the clinic with the translation of medical information and Safety.
- Assist in new employee orientation and annual training requirements
- Assist front line supervisor on the production floor and help with communication with their team members.
- Assist supervisors and managers at all time in effective communication to team members
- Support the plant with employee engagement initiatives
- Maintain highest levels of confidentiality.
- Make a strong presence in both fabrication and slaughter operations/floor.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
- Computer knowledge required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to speak, write, type and translate to and from English/(Language Given)
- Personal and professional integrity required.
- Proficient understanding of cultural sensitivity, and ability to collaborate with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Comfortable working in cold/hot temperatures and stand 8-10 hours/ day
- Some weekends as necessary
- Knowledge in medical terminology preferred.
- Trustworthy to handle confidential matters/information
“The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made.”