REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - K12- WEST/NORTHWEST
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
This position will be based in a remote (home) office- preferred to live in CO and will cover the Northwest territory which includes: WA, OR, MT, ID, WY, NV, UT, CO.
- Sales leader for regional training, broker management and sales execution to reach KPI goals
- Responsible for face-to-face execution of Pilgrim's Sales & Marketing Strategies against Tier 1 K-12 Customers in assigned Territory to grow the total Pilgrim's business
- Assist CMC/GPO team as needed in the K-12 channel i.e. sales calls and planning
- Product expertise in the K-12 poultry segment
- Maintain and grow existing customers by selling the "Pilgrim's Way“ – Adding Value BEYOND a Product and a Price
- Assist School Team by providing in depth Bid Analysis and Customer Targets
- Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly meeting collaboration with Field Sales personnel and Brokers to insure alignment
- Must understand commodity program to include pass thru commodities & substitutable commodities
- Must attend State Shows and Commodity Meetings including national events such as LAC, SNIC and ANC
- Validate K-12 customers utilizing data and marketing strategies
- Be a thought-leader to buyers and consult with them to position Pilgrim's as Industry School experts
- Execute the strategy for collaborating with School customers to differentiate Pilgrim's to influence menu items, including what gets placed on Bids/RFPs, and ultimately driving higher sell price
- Contribute to New Product opportunity identification for Schools customers
- Provide updates to Sales leadership on opportunities and issues
- Forecast significant volume increases or decreases to sales leadership
- Must maintain FSE Account Planning system
- Work closely with the Schools Commodity Bidding Team from opportunity identification to awarded contract
- Work with distributor bid managers to make sure Pilgrim's products are bid competitively so we can win.
- Achieve greater than industry average commodity bank draw-downs with targeted K-12 customers.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university.
- 5 years of sales experience required
- K12 experience required
- Prior poultry experience required
- Proven experience in building and maintaining business relationships with accounts within territory
- This position requires ability to travel. Must be able to fly or drive from city to city.
- Computer skill knowledge of internet navigation, Microsoft software knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint required. Skills to assimilate to company computer system requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals within and outside of the company