BELLY COMPLEX PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT
Job Title: Superintendent
Location: Ottumwa, IA
- Extensive knowledge of products
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bi-lingual helpful but no required
- Extensive knowledge and technical skill in a variety of production jobs.
- Minimum 5 years’ supervisory experience in processing plant industry.
- Ability to oversee entire production floor.
- Direct supervisors with respect to production volume, quality, cost and meeting production schedules and delivery dates.
- Train and develop supervisors to provide management depth and develop team work to attain department objectives.
- Review daily production schedule to plan work and personnel assignments.
- Monitor and confirm that machinery, equipment and facilities are properly maintained and sanitized
- Maintain good employee relations and adherence to labor contract provisions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Internal: Employees on the production line and plant management
- External: USDA and Union
- Supervision of Personnel: Management and Hourly
Comments: The schedule for this position is typically Mon - Fri. Weekend work required as scheduled. Saturdays are typically scheduled.
This position is best suited for a person wishing to advance their career into a business manager position, a plant manager position or a Product manager position.
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401(k) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.