Test Kitchen Assistant
The main responsibility of this role is to help and support Corporate R and D Chef and all test kitchen activities including product development projects, recipe development, consumer sensory tastings, special corporate or marketing events and kitchen cleanliness and maintenance.
- Executes basic cooking needs in test kitchen including sensory tastings, recipe trials, special events and all food and equipment prep.
- Assists in recipe development including precisely measuring, scaling ingredients, and executing bench and sensory samples.
- Follows, tests and verifies cooking procedures.
- General support to Product Development Managers including thawing and cooking of food samples; acquiring, receiving, storing and rotating samples in storage freezers; cleanliness of bunkers and equipment, receiving and storage of packages; packaging bench samples for shipping when needed.
- Maintains all food, sanitary and fire safety standards of a commercial kitchen.
- Opens and closes kitchen operations following guidelines and processes.
- Helps organize daily activities and assists in completing test kitchen priorities.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment in all of the premise.
- Makes sure professional equipment is in good condition and takes a hands on approach on repairs, inspections and maintenance.
- Take a hands-on approach to ensure quality and efficiency of back-of-the-house operations to meet Wild Fork Standards.
- 3+ years’ experience in culinary position back of the house in food service.
- Education: Bachelor’s or Culinary degree or equivalent in Work experience.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft office.
Expected work week
- Approximately 40+ hours per week
- Schedule Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Must have a strong and diverse culinary knowledge.
- Love to Cook & Love to Eat with a passion
- Serve Safe Certification a plus
- Multi tasker, quick learner, responsible.
- Able to lift- up to 50 lbs.
- Physically able to bend, stretch and be able to work standing for long periods of time up to 9 hours.
EOE/M/F/VET/DISABLED DRUG FREE WORK PLACE