POSITION SUMMARY: The COVID-19 Superintendent is responsible for directing and providing COVID-19 pandemic preparedness and response oversight for the facility. The position oversees development and implementation of pandemic response practices and audits adherence to those practices, ensures compliance with CDC, and OSHA requirements, and conducts root-cause analyses of plant level pandemic-related issues. The Superintendent monitors and documents the effectiveness of the pandemic control measures used in the facility, and ensures alignment with the plant and corporate safety program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Work closely with Complex Human Resources Manager, Training Department, and Safety Manager to cultivate the plant pandemic response culture.
- Serve as the plant level pandemic response subject matter expert.
- Manage pandemic response resources and related departmental budgets.
- Manage plant level health crisis response team.
- When necessary plan, request, and assist in the hiring of new personnel.
- Work within the plant framework to foster the career growth of direct reports.
- Serve as the primary contact on pandemic issues.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with plant, business unit, and corporate level team members.
- Create, manage, and review site specific pandemic compliance programming
- Appraise and implement new health regulations as they relate to plant operations.
- Ensure that team members are adequately trained in pandemic response plan procedures.
- Work as the internal incident manager, ensuring that pandemic-related emergencies and injuries are properly managed.
- Oversee, manage and ensure pandemic orientation for all new team members.
- Review all contract documents related to ongoing or proposed work for pandemic related issues.
- Review subcontractor pandemic programs; ensure that subcontractor programs are compliant with corporate, OSHA, and CDC regulations.
- Conduct pandemic response audits. Audits will include a brief summary report noting any deviations from the pandemic response plan and corrective actions that may be necessary to promote the health and safety of workers and the public.
- Organize and conduct pandemic response training as necessary.
- Other duties as required by management.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Strong supervision skills
- Proven ability to lead others
- Ability to research pertinent facts, data and other information from internal and external sources
- Proficient use of computer and corresponding programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to implement behavioral-based safety techniques to improve/maintain response plan performance
- Ability to establish positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and motivate employees and communicate objectives and action plans.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.