JBS RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT TRAINEE
Plumrose Research & Development Trainee
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This role is for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. This position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think big, dream big and work to make big ideas a reality.
To create an external talent pipeline of college graduates and to provide technical, cultural, and leadership training to develop them into successful members of our operations management teams.
This is a 12 month management training program intended to provide rotational work experience in a challenging and collaborative environment. The program is focused on giving participants the skills they need to read complex situations, set innovative strategies, and execute those strategies with integrity and effectiveness. Additional benefits include exposure to senior management, participation in leadership development courses, and the opportunity to make a difference in the community.
- The first 8 months of the program will be rotational, with the trainee spending approximately three to four months in each rotation
- Trainees will be given challenging projects and key learning objectives to complete during each rotation
- The last 4 months of the program will provide hands-on training in an area of interest to the trainee with the intention of final placement
- There will be several leadership and process training sessions throughout the program
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree (Food Science or related field preferred)
- 0-3 years work experience
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Excel and Power Point skills
- Finance skills
- Collaboration skills
- Action oriented
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers
- Alignment with JBS Core Values and company culture
- Ability to demonstrate and practice leadership
- Strong desire to work in a challenging and hands-on environment
- Flexibility to relocate, preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.