FORKLIFT DRIVER 2nd Shift - $19.25 hour /$1000 SIGN-ON BONUS
- Warehouse Technicians must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, and endurance.
- Technicians must be able to concentrate on their tasks.
- The ability to understand and communicate information.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, dollies.
- Provide labor support to other areas as needed.
- Be at work every day and on time.
- Identify any safety concerns or hazards and report them.
- Provide machine maintenance and troubleshooting when required.
- Participate in the shipping, receiving, storing, and issuing of supplies, materials, products.
- Participate in the receiving, unloading, and inspection of shipments for damage and conformity to purchase order specifications and packing slips; contact Supervisors regarding shortages, damaged goods, or other discrepancies; complete receiving, discrepancy, and follow-up reports.
- Participate in the stocking of products; plan storage locations; determine the proper location of supplies to allow for maximum space utilization.
- Serve as a tech over an assigned warehouse function; prioritize work assignments.
- Deliver supplies and equipment as needed.
- Participate in annual physical inventories.
- Operate a computer and assigned software to input data and generate reports.
- Maintain the warehouse in a clean, orderly, safe, and secure condition.
- Make recommendations regarding proper storage, inventory, and warehousing procedures and improvements in warehouse efficiency.
- Arriving at the scheduled time, working where and as directed, and staying until work is done, or until supervisor and/or manager indicate work is done. Some overtime work may be scheduled and required.
- Load, unload, and sort packages in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Must be well-organized with good attention to detail.
- Display a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Adaptable and dependable with the ability to follow directions and work cooperatively with others.
- Must maintain a helpful and professional attitude and appearance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved, instructions and to deal with problems involving a few different variables.
Must be able to work for long hours in a no-kill food processing environment, where it is wet, damp, and cold. Temperatures are frequently below freezing, and employees are expected to remain in these conditions for most of their workdays.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan. Empire/JBS USA is an equal opportunity employer.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.