To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
The General Manager position will have the responsibility for planning, directing, coordinating and controlling the day to day activities of a facility with multiple complex, semi -automated lines producing our branded, retail store, food products. Challenge is to obtain optimal efficiency and economy of 130 plus employees and operations to achieve profitability for the Company.
- Overall owner of Plant KPIs, including but not limited to:
- Production Quotas
- Coordinates the development of RCA’s and Action plans to solve problems and make improvements
- Responsible for Team Member Safety
- Responsible for Food Safety & Quality
- Responsible for Plant Schedule attainment.
- Responsible for delivering cost KPI’s including inventory & Plant Costs
- Face of WFF in the local community
- Responsible for setting the culture for the facility and upholding JBS Values
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work
- Monitors and analyzes costs and helps prepare annual budgets
- Manages and works closely with Plant functional leads including production Mangers, Safety, Quality, HR, Finance, Maintenance & Engineering
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirements
- 10+ years of experience in food processing management
- Proven track record of high performance in a food processing plant
- Basic understanding of OSHA and EPA regulations and requirements
- Team player with effective communication skills
- Strong math & reading/comprehension skills
- Continuous Improvement & Supply Chain experience a plus
- Computer skill such as Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Track recommendations and action items, work with senior leadership to implement proposed changes in a timely manner
- Able to provide in-field support on a daily basis
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Food Manufacturing Operations environment
Internal: Plant personnel, senior team and production employees. Frequent contact with Corporate HQ and Business Unit Head.
External: Community, vendors, customers