R&D Lab Technician
Purpose & Scope:
Assist in all aspects of the operation of the R&D Laboratory and Pilot Plant.
• Assist in the preparation of samples, maintenance of equipment, ordering of ingredients and raw materials, and pilot plant schedules
• Submit requisitions and invoices for approval
• Order and maintain stock levels for all necessary lab ware and pilot plant PPE
• Follow & document HACCP Program and USDA procedures and policies
• Assist to complete necessary reports; relay results to required individuals
• Ensure that external sanitation team completes clean up and pre-check daily
• Attend all necessary meetings, including pre-test reviews
• Tracking and documenting incoming & outgoing shipments
• Perform various other tests and daily duties as needed or directed by supervisor
• Work 40+ hours per week in laboratory/pilot plant environment.• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Need to be fully capable of operating lab/pilot plant equipment in accordance with Company’s safety policy
• Education: Minimum High School diploma or GED. Some college preferred.
• Experience: Minimum 1 year of working in a pilot plant and/or commercial kitchen environment. Supervisory experience a plus.
• Good computer, verbal and written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal relations; ability to handle conflict.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP highly preferred.
• Internal: Regular communication with lab employees, R&D Project Leaders, Product Managers, and immediate supervisor.
• External: Interaction with sales representatives concerning lab equipment, ingredients, raw materials and lab supplies.