SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
This position is responsible for managing and executing specific sold in Retail and Club Channels. Candidate must have brand/product management experience, including Profit & Loss.
- Develops, gains approval and executes strategic business plans, marketing plans and innovation plans to achieve volume, invoice sales, profit and share objectives.
- Gathers and analyzes data to identify insights and translate into business initiatives and actionable tasks to improve business results.
- Manage Profit & Loss (P&L) to meet volume, sales and margin goals; including pricing, costing, cost savings, determining and managing budgets
- Responsible for assessing the business environment, competitors, customers, market trends, and implications to the business and making recommendations.
- Responsible for managing new product creation; including, concept development, feasibility validation, product and packaging creation, project execution, distribution goals, financial impacts, customer sell-in and tracking first 12-months of in-market performance.
- Responsible for growing meaningful consumer brands through planning and executing consumer and customer promotions to drive brand awareness and generate demand.
- Project manager on innovation and SKU rationalization initiatives with Sales, Operations, Pricing, Demand Planning, Finance, R&D, and QA.
- Supports Sales on key meetings & presentations for customer sell-in process by creating critical sales materials and procurement of product samples.
- Manages marketing budget including MAP spending for assigned products.
- Supports forecasting and demand planning efforts.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s preferred.
- Experience: 7-9 years relevant CPG experience in Brand/Product Management or Innovation, including P&L management.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written skills a must.
- Proven cross-functional leading and strategic influencing.
- Ability to analyze syndicated data and provide insights.
- Demonstrated bias for action and ability to manage projects independently from start to finish.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- Retail perishable meat experience preferred but not required.