SAFETY MANAGER - LIVE PORK
Scope of Position:
Position is responsible for assurance of regulatory compliance to safety requirements to include: permitting, program review, training, inspections, incident management and follow up, record keeping, and documentation control. In addition, the position has responsibility for annual site safety plan and development of the farm safety culture.
Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust, work around moving equipment, and work around live animals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ensure compliance to safety regulatory requirements related to: Permitting, Program review, Training, Inspections, Incident management and follow up, oversight, Record keeping and Documentation control
- Act as the technical expert for safety, training, health and ergonomics issues
- Perform safety audits and inspections of personnel to assure compliance with program requirements
- Handle all staff development as it relates to safety program requirements
- Administer monthly group meetings and other specialized meetings as need dictates
- Facilitate H&S drills including: Fire & Evacuation Drills, Weather Drills
- Provide incident and near miss support including patient care and follow-up actions, investigation, tracking and trending details for EH&S events
- Review all capital expenditure requests to assure safety concerns are addressed
- Participate in all government inspections dealing with Safety agencies
- Conduct or participate in annual site compliance evaluation to include development of an action plan to address gaps
- Administer the Contractor Safety Program
- This is the general nature and work of the safety manager, may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous Experience as a safety manager
- Knowledge of farming operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Engineering, Business Administration or Physical Sciences; or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- CPR/First Aid Training
- National Safety Council training
- Confined Space Training
- OSHA Training Courses
- Program, planning and evaluation techniques
- Statistical analysis skills
- Strong written, verbal and computer skills are essential
- Outstanding communication skills in order to lead and engage employees
- Ability to work independently without daily supervision
- Interaction with various teams, farm employees, and management.
Less than 10%