ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Observe all company policies and procedures and adhere to all safety and regulatory requirements.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and direct accordingly.
- Dispatch feed trucks in efficient, cost effective manner by sending drivers to zones that will allow drivers to maximize their 12 hour shift while still meeting the needs of our growers.
- Keep record of daily feed outs and dispatch accordingly.
- Follow proper procedure in weighing feed trucks to ensure compliance with Packers and Stockyard’s rules.
- Manage proper paperwork. Keep feed delivery tickets, manuals, and feed returns in order.
- Take a finished feed inventory at the beginning of each shift. The dispatcher on duty will need to accommodate the desk are until the incoming dispatcher has completed the bin measurements. Feed types for each bin will also need to be verified at this time.
- Maintain accurate zero tare sheets.
- Manage calls from drivers in the field to reduce feed returns.
- Communicate with drivers, dispatchers, and supervisors at shift change of current status and issues.
- Communicate any issues that arise with drivers, growers, or personnel to supervisor.
- Collect feed samples form both PDI and QA testing.
- Review current feed inventory compared to orders and communicate needs to Feed Operator.
- Scheduling feed delivery on shift and anticipating when drivers are scheduled to return ensuring drive.
- Other duties as assigned.
- QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous feed mill experience is a plus.
- Previous dispatching experience preferred.
- STRONG MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to add and subtract five digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and move at least 50 lbs. The employee must be able to climb a ladder and work from heights.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and heat. The employee is frequently exposed to dusty conditions. The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.