POSITION SUMMARY: Manage all production related processes, exercises supervision of shifts supervisory staff and provides guidance for both departmental and individual development. Research and lead process improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Effectively manage company resources to maximize achievement of company and plant goals in all areas (financial, customer service, innovation, learning) while maintaining strong working relationships with the USDA.
- Actively work to develop team for the purpose of enhancing their effectiveness in daily operations as well as to prepare them for future opportunities within the organization.
- Establishes short-term activities directed toward processing continuity and balance such as shift schedules, ensuring requisition of materials, machine loading, grievance resolution, and equipment maintenance.
- Recommends modification of machines and equipment in order to improve processing and quality of products.
- Ensures effective use of operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and to improve product quality.
- Participates in projects to ensure processes run smoothly within the department.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings to provide feedback.
- Develop and implement goals and objectives and budgets.
- Communicate with USDA on issues related to Pilgrims.
- Administer company policies and procedures fairly and equitably to maintain standards established for safety, quality and overall company personnel satisfaction.
- Investigate quality improvement methods.
- Maintain working relationship with support staff
- Prepare and administer evaluations for team members.
- Other duties as required by management.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business Management or Agriculture, or a related field preferred
- Two years of directly related experience is required
- Ability to lead and coach others
- Ability to work across functions and build a team relationship within the company
- Thorough understanding of Process Quality techniques (or training will be provided).
- Very good analytical and financial skills.
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills.
- Above average negotiation skills
- Strong ability to analyze and resolve management problems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and statistical analysis software application
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.