R&D LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
Purpose & Scope:
Assist in all aspects of the operation of the R&D Laboratory and Pilot Plant.
- Assist in the preparation of samples, maintenance of equipment, ordering of ingredients and raw materials, and pilot plant schedules
- Follow recipes and perform calculations as needed to craft product to specified amount.
- Submit requisitions and invoices for approval
- Order and maintain stock levels for all necessary lab ware and pilot plant PPE
- Follow & document HACCP Program and USDA procedures and policies
- Assist to complete necessary reports; relay results to required individuals
- Ensure that external sanitation team completes clean up and pre-check daily
- Attend all necessary meetings, including pre-test reviews
- Tracking and documenting incoming & outgoing shipments
- Perform various other tests and daily duties as needed or directed by supervisor
- Work 40+ hours per week in laboratory/pilot plant environment.• Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Need to be fully capable of operating lab/pilot plant equipment in accordance with Company’s safety policy
- Education: Minimum High School diploma or GED. Some college preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year of working in a pilot plant and/or commercial kitchen environment. Supervisory experience a plus.
- Self Starter. Disciplined.
- Comfortable with basic match skills
- Good computer, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal relations; ability to handle conflict.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP highly preferred.
- Internal: Regular communication with lab employees, R&D Project leaders, Product Managers, and immediate supervisor.
- External: Interaction with sales representatives concerning lab equipment, ingredients, raw materials and lab supplies.
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.