Purpose & Scope: Perform tasks involved with constructing, maintaining, improving and all other work related to the manure and mortality system involved with the Dalhart Live Pork Operation. Good attention to ensure accuracy and quality. Performs tasks associated with this department while meeting productivity, quality, safety, behavioral and attendance expectations.
Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust and work around moving equipment.
Principle Responsibilities: Functions may include but are not limited to
- Screen separator maintenance and repair
- Manure pickup from the panhandle screens
- Cleaning and maintaining lift stations
- Water, waste, pipe installation and repair
- Grinding, windrowing and turning of the compost in the compost operation
- Picking up mortality from the facilities (daily)
- Picking up cardboard from the facilities
- Operation on the portable water Jetter, unplugging barns where needed
- Lagoon cover and body upkeep in Stateline sites
- Maintaining the recycle system and schedule flush
- Potable water system, wells and infrastructure maintenance
- Perform routine inspections and service of company owned equipment as required
- Follows all security and safety procedures established by JBS
- Performs other duties assigned by Management as needed.
Travel Required: None
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to drive a pickup and pull a trailer
- Ability to drive a tractor
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and transport various objects weighing up to 50lbs repeatedly throughout the shift at times product weight may reach 100lbs.
- Ability to drug, 300- 400lb animal during dead pickups
- Team oriented
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to work up to 59 hours a week if necessary
- Work weekends with alternation
- Experience in driving a front end loader
- Experience in driving a skid loader
- Experience in driving a backhoe
- Have a CDL license
- Interact with fellow EIG employees to perform daily tasks
- Interaction with other teams such as LRG, maintenance, farm employees and management