• Coordinate the transportation planning of customer replenishment orders in the most cost effective and efficient manner possible, while meeting all customer service expectations
• Responsible for the transportation coordinating/planning at assigned plants, company distribution centers, and third party warehouses via all available modes for our products
• Interface regularly with product management, production operations, as well as carriers and customers, to discuss and improve how logistics are managed
• Act as a liason between trucker, customer, sales, and operations teams
• Review and understand weekly reports to ensure cost is being managed efficiently and meeting a minimum of 98% on time delivery
• Responsible for dealing with carrier issues or communicating issues to carriers that have arisen at the shipping facility that may delay loading and/or on time delivery. Will be available to handle these types of issues 24 hours a day 7 days a week via cell phone.
• Respond to calls and emails after hours and notification of other persons within Pilgrims either by phone or email of issues or problems with orders