SOFTWARE ENGINEER II- .NET TECHNOLOGIES
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Software Engineer II- .NET Technologies for JBS that reports to the Corporate Office in Greeley, Colorado.
Develop efficient, well structured, well documented technical solutions from the specification provided. Provide 24X7 on-call support for systems managed by the team on a rotation basis. Capable of designing application solutions to business needs with limited supervision and maintains/develops current working knowledge of all installed applications. Participate in testing activities (regression and project related), along with following the established change management process. A successful candidate must be able to convert the project requirements into code.
- Understand how applications support business processes and apply this knowledge to solve defined business problems.
- Provide 24X7 on-call support on a rotation basis.
- Design and deliver high quality solutions through programming to meet overall business requirements.
- Interface with functional teams to facilitate process improvement and develop new functionality.
- Develop documentation for systems and processes.
- Effectively transfer knowledge to the customer for on-going support.
- Develop and manage unit test harness/suites for their area.
- Understand customer needs and quantify appropriate actions.
- Develop, document, and implement programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have at least 2-4 years of hands-on experience with programming in C# and other .NET technologies.
- Must have the ability to work with databases.
- Must have the ability to create/work with complex SQL queries.
- Must have the ability to debug existing source code and provide fixes if bugs are identified.
- Must have a working knowledge of source control and versioning.
- Must have a strong desire to learn new things in older technology.
- A self-starter and have the ability to deliver and be adaptable in understanding functional and technical requirements associated with their area.
- Participate in technical specification creation and interact with the functional teams.
- Ability to understand functional specifications and provide correct solutions.
- Ability to listen, understand and facilitate process improvements.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and relational skills required.
- Must have a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to work independently with little direction/supervision.
- Must be adaptable and capable of absorbing new concepts and situations rapidly.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Experience using XML, creating services.
- Experience in creating WPF applications.
- Experience in creating web applications using MVC patterns.
- Working knowledge of MVVM patterns.
- Experience in creating technical specifications.
- Experience in process mapping.
- Experience in UML.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $67,000-$87,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.