BROILER WEIGH TECH
Broiler Weigh Tech
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Weighing birds pre-sale
- Blood and fat sampling for pre-sale clearances
- Clean driving record for clearance to drive a company vehicle
- Assist with warehouse cleaning, stocking, inventorying
- Any other tasks requested by department manager, supervisor, or clerk
- Must be willing to be trained to drive a forklift
- Must have good time management skills
- Ability to use company email, Microsoft Excel, and company tracking database
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
- Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
- Ability to multitask and work quickly
- Must be a team player
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good hand and eye coordination required.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Food or production experience preferred.
- Ability to work in all-weather conditions.
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.