SHIPPING CLERK B SHIFT
Position Title: Shipping Clerk
Location: Greeley Value Added
Purpose & Scope:
JBS USA, the World’s leading protein producer, is currently seeking a valuable Shipping Clerk team member to join our team in Greeley, CO! At JBS our mission is to be the best in all that we do, providing superior products and services to our customers and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members. Value Added focuses on the highest quality product, keeping processes simple, and building a culture our team members can thrive in! Our team is the foundation of our company, so we work every day to empower them to achieve great heights.
As a JBS team member you will have the opportunity to work with other departments, learn different areas of production, grow your career and experience something new almost every day! Apply online today!
- Track and update order changes in Shop-Floor. (i.e. canceled load, cases added, load moved to another day or plant)
- Keep track of loads that are carried over or loaded ahead and notify other shipping staff via e-mail.
- Record and track carrier information, including company name, trailer number, the customer they are picking up for, dock in and out times, departure times, pallet count, case count and net weight on the daily Truck Log both manually and electronically in Microsoft Excel.
- Assign carriers/trailers to a dock or the waiting area following a schedule produced by the Transportation Planner.
- Use the Loader’s completed load diagram to compare the number of cases by product code to the order. Validate what they have recorded matches the order on paper as well as what they have scanned to the order in Shop-Floor.
- Follow-up rotation on all finished orders. Run a report from Shop-Floor Software to make sure rotation is correct and let the Loader know of any changes that are necessary.
- Enter pallet type and quantity, seal number, temperature recorder ID number and temperature information along with the trailer number when billing a load in Shop-Floor.
- Verify with security that the truck is of legal weight, <80,000 lbs. If over-weight, take action to have cases removed or redistributed on the trailer.
- Keep track of all shortages manually and electronically. Record the order number, customer, product code, product description, how many of that code were ordered, how many shipped, the amount shorted, and an explanation for the shortage.
- Print and assemble all documents obtaining signatures from the carrier and the clerk.
- Close out departed orders in Shop-Floor.
- Document all inbound product and receive orders in Shop-Floor.
- Manually post orders that have not closed properly in SAP.
- Generate order pick sheets from Shop-Floor and transfer the information to load diagrams.
- Organize and maintain shipping files on a daily basis.
- Responsible for inventory of supplies (printer toner and ribbons, temperature recorders, etc.) and requesting more be order in a timely manner.
- Keeping an accurate inventory of drop trailers and notifying the Transportation Planner when in need of trailers.
- Other duties assigned
- Above Average computer skills including SAP or comparable ERP system and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication skills verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Authorized to work in the US
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 18 years of age or more
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must be able to work at a safe rate with minimal supervision
- Able to work fulltime M-F; Weekends and overtime as needed
- Cold environment
- Manufacturing setting
- Standing or walking for prolonged periods of time
- Repetitive motion
- Uneven surfaces and slippery floors
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of [$21.00 - $23.00 or other agreed upon salary range]
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.