POSITION DESCRIPTION REVIEW FORM
Supervises and coordinates activities of skilled trade workers engaged in maintaining and repairing equipment, structures, utility systems, buildings, and grounds.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees workers engaged in major painting projects, performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings, and maintaining and repairing building utility systems such as electrical wiring and controls, heating, and ventilating systems.
- Supervises workers engaged in installing, servicing, and repairing mechanical equipment. Supervises employees who maintain, repair and service plant equipment, buildings, and facilities.
- Utilizes working knowledge of electrical systems, bothcontroal and industrial wiring, pip fitting, plumbing, welding, shop machinery, sheet metal, hydraulics, pnewmatics, electrical controls and instrumentation to maintain plant equipment at optimal level. Utilizes knowledge of automatic equipment opertion, to include setup, repair and tear down, to maintain plant equipment at optimal levels. May inspect completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Prepares work schedules. Makes work assignments to subordinates.
- Interprets company policy to employees and enforces company policy and practices.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists employees in solving work problems.
- May work on projects involving the construction of new buildings and facilities and the alteration or modification of existing ones.
- Maintains production equipment in a manner that meets organization standards and ensures minimum equipment downtime. Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Establishes and maintains preventive maintenance programs and procedures. Administers training programs to ensure proper operations, preventive maintenance, and repair programs and procedures.
- May direct workers engaged in ground maintenance activities such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, raking and disposing of leaves and refuse, and snow removal. May supervise custodial services.
Does this position supervise? Yes
Additional Factors: (List any quantifiable factors such as # of contracts, budget responsibility, production goals, sales goals, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by partners assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Comments & Revisions: (If the information above is inaccurate or incomplete, please make revisions and submit to [email protected]. Use the space below to enter any additional comments.)