FOOD SAFETY SUPERVISOR
The Food Safety Supervisor will be responsible for the monitoring and adherence of all quality specification of all domestic and export product. They will be required to oversee daily Quality checks that are performed by QA Technicians which includes monitoring of GMP’s and Food Safety related items. This person is responsible for all product codes and labels that are utilized in the facility, which includes the maintaining of all files and communication with corporate labeling division.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Knowledge of Lab program systems
- Maintain plant labels and product codes
- Supervision of Food Safety and GMP programs
- Supervise QA Technicians
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Review and maintain records of all associated Food Safety Programs on file
- Review and submit employee timesheets
- Perform daily safety checks and PPE checks
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent (additional education preferred but not required)
- 2 years of Management experience preferred? in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of beef cuts, product codes is preferred
- Ability to work independently and professionally
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skill and maintain a good working relationship with plant management, plant employees, corporate and USDA / FSIS.
- Must have good decision making and planning skills.
- Ability to work 50+ hours per week and some Saturday work.
- Extended walking and standing.
Relocation Package for those who qualify*
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If interested, please apply online at jbssa.com/careers