ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
- Responsible for the overall safety in the plant by ensuring plant focus on programs, procedures and KPI’s in accordance with safety programs.
- Supports the selection, training, growth and development of shift and staff personnel to attain organizational goals.
- Supports development, implementation, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Provides direction of plant operations for the manufacturing of group products in accordance with process and product specifications and quality standards, complying with contractual and/or customer requirements and meeting financial objectives.
- Provides direction/support primarily to Fabrication, Harvest and Ground Beef Operations and other Departments such as: Quality, Accounting, Safety, and Human Resources includes Development and Retention.
- Responsible for Plant Financial Performance by facilitating and collaborating with all functions in the preparation of the plant’s operating budget.
- Supports, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Supports positive employee relations in the plant, including with local/national union leadership, if applicable.
- Orchestrate activities, assignments and projects to maintain optimal level of customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Knowledgeable in regulatory compliance OSHA/Safety, FSIS/USDA, EPA/Environmental and HR Compliance.
- Reporting Structure: Reports to General Plant Manager
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated successful experience using Total Quality Management principles in manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: company policies, procedures, and products; general administrative principles; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; business principles, customer needs and expectations, and manufacturing operations.
- Ability to participate with functional counterparts within the organization at the earliest stages of planning/development to meet plant objectives; directing, allocating the plant’s resources, timing, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 10+ years of Beef experience in a Plant Senior Role
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time off: sick leave, vacation and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after the 1st day of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $161,070 - $204,540
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan; the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control ACT requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.