OSSID OPERATOR - SHIPPING DAYS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Monitor machines during operations, making minor adjustments as needed to ensure an efficient quality operation.
- Replace empty fill rolls and changing machines to proper tray sizes per production schedules.
- Rewrap defective trays in a timely manner.
- Informs Supervisor, Lead Person or Maintenance of possible or current mechanical problems to ensure minimal downtime.
- Performs all tasks needed in overwrap to ensure all USDA and company food safety policies are met.
- Checks machines before start up for possible problems and informs maintenance.
- Sets up machines to be ready for production to start on time and tears down for cleanup.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Ability to pass the Prove-It Test
- Ability to follow verbal directions
- Working knowledge of Ossid (overwrap) machines
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to obtain a valid pallet jack license
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.