HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST - BACON 2nd SHIFT
DATE:November 24, 2021
POSITION:HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST – 2nd Shift
- Responsible for labor relations with local UFCW, administration of the collective bargaining agreement and the grievance process.
- Provides facility supervision with advice and counsel on personnel issues.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with ADA, FMLA, EEOC, etc. Stays current on recent federal, state and case law changes and monitors labor law updates for changes that affect HR.
- Administers all employee relations issues. Processes and implements formal disciplinary action of employees, initiates termination procedures and terminates employees as needed.
- Prepares and maintains records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data. Maintains HRIS integrity.
- Develop and supervise a staff of trainers: set goals and standards, train and mentor, evaluate performance, and oversee their daily operations.
- Consult with internal areas on potential training needs; work directly with internal customers to develop new training programs and determine resources.
- Actively solicit feedback on training programs, and resolve issues elevated from internal customers regarding the delivery/quality of training programs.
- Establish and maintain processes and procedures that ensure smooth delivery of classroom training, including scheduling, instructor notes for all training programs, creating and updating training manuals, etc.
- Generate reports on training-related topics at management's request
- Develop and implement retention initiatives at the plant level
- Performs other duties as assigned
• Production and maintenance settings
• Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
• Slippery floors, cold temperatures, and loud ambient noise
• High School degree or equivalent required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field preferred
Experience: 1-2 years proven experience in the Beef or Pork industry preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally in English
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Computer knowledge required
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work 50+ hours
- Good attendance and safety records
- Prior experience in unionized environment
- Bilingual skills preferred
Internal: Employees on the production line and plant management
External: USDA, Union and various other contractors
Comments: The schedule for this position is typically Mon - Fri. Weekend work required as scheduled. During Fall Season, Saturdays are typically scheduled.
Swift Prepared Foods offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
Our foundation & our strength is in our values
DETERMINATION | SIMPLICITY | AVAILABILITY | HUMILITY | SINCERITY | DISCIPLINE | OWNERSHIP