Position Title: Payroll Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Location: Greeley, CO
Title of Supervisor: Payroll Supervisor
- Data Entry with an emphasis in 10 key proficiency.
- Determine time worked from time sheets and verify proper authorization.
- Calculate payroll, including standard deductions and taxes.
- Post payroll on payroll sheets, including all necessary information.
- Answer complex payroll questions and/or collect factual data so that others can supply answers.
- Calculate special payments and prepare more complex payroll reports.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 2 to 3 year’s payroll experience in the transportation industry is preferred.
- Payroll experience is required.
- Knowledge of payroll laws, processes, general procedures and terminology.
- 10 Key proficient with high level of accuracy.
- TMW and/or SAP proficiency preferred.
- Knowledge of Excel, outlook and windows applications.
- Strong Customer service skills with focus on solving payroll issues quickly and accurately.
- Able to perform in an efficient and effective manner, with a focus on detail.
- Self-motivated with focus on connecting processes to ensure accuracy.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Better Futures Program: 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $16-$17/hour
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.