Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Swift Prepared Foods is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Swift Prepared Foods was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Humility, Sincerity, Ownership, Disciple, Availability, Simplicity, Determination
The inventory analyst position functions as support to the plant procurement team. The role is instrumental in materials management to enable decisions that directly impact performance. The position supports inventory management and works closely with Operations, Maintenance and Accounting to resolve issues. This position provides the candidate with opportunities to assist with process improvements, while working in a team environment and interacting with multiple cross functional groups at the plant.
- Allocate daily consumption usage to finished goods
- Perform cycle counts on all physical inventory as required.
- Resolve inventory variances and correct in SAP.
- Lead root cause identification and action planning to reduce/eliminate inventory variances.
- Track trends or gaps in material consumption (i.e. scrap rates) to assist Procurement Manager and Finance in forecasting of ingredients and packaging and maintaining accurate consumption standards.
- Work with Procurement Manager, Operations, and Finance to establish minimum inventory requirements of each item of packaging and ingredients.
- Assist Procurement Manager in creating requisitions for packaging and ingredients as needed.
The above list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
This role is based in a processing facility and individuals in this role are expected to spend time on the plant floor. While at the facility, employee will be subject to manufacturing enviroment, humid/wet production floor and other hazards common to a food manufacturing facility
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Standing for long periods of time
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide with great accuracy
- Working in cold or warm environments
- Approximately 15% office work, 85% in plant or inventory supply areas
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Organizational skillset
- Computer literate and data entry savvy
- Handling of Office Equipment and Supplies
- Microsoft Office/ Excel
- Good communication skills
- SAP knowledge +
- Action oriented with ability to multi-task
- Team player with a positive, can do attitude and agility to multiple work streams
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.