PROCUREMENT CATEGORY MANAGER
We are looking for a Category Manager for the JBS Corporate Procurement Team.
Reporting to the Head of Purchasing, the Category Manager is responsible for supporting the sourcing and management of raw materials and ensures all business requirements are accounted for in category strategies. The Category Manager’s role is critical in supporting sourcing through involvement in category strategy creation and directly supporting supplier identification, selection, and negotiation to ensure the highest level of service and quality in supply. The Category Manager will identify and build strong relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Support various Business Units and the Global procurement teams in the sourcing process to ensure category strategies and supplier selection conform to business requirements.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, including Research and Development, Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Operations to qualify materials and suppliers, identify value creation opportunities, and lead sourcing initiatives.
- Utilize internal and external market research analysis to optimize sourcing decisions and keep stakeholders informed of key market drivers.
- Assist in the development of risk mitigation strategies for critical supplies by developing backup supply options, price risk management and hedging strategies, and mitigate health and safety risks.
- Perform spend analytics to identify savings opportunities.
- Own/manage supplier relationship and performance, resolve performance issues, pursue financial claims; conduct formal supplier performance reviews with key strategic suppliers.
- Own supplier contracting for all suppliers and development of master agreements for top suppliers
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or
- 5+ related fields strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional team environment Strong analytical and critical thinking skills Effective written and oral communications Understanding of supply/commodity markets a plus High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $75,000-$115,000 and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required as a condition of continuing employment to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity