FABRICATION OPERATIONS MANAGER II
Position at JBS Souderton
FABRICATION Operations Manager
In Souderton, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
The Operations Manager oversees all processing operations in a beef processing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with development of organization related to attainment of operating goals and related policies, and best practices, and attainment of operating goals.
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate managers/supervisors, department activities in the facility.
- Drive a People First culture.
- Well versed with USDA policies, practices and procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with managers/supervisors to obtain data required for planning activities such as capital projects, new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- Assigns or delegates responsibility for specified work or functional activities and disseminates policy to managers/supervisors.
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Coordinates activities of departments to ensure efficiency and economy.
- Monitors and analyzes costs and prepares budget.
- Prepares reports and records on location activities for management.
- Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing location objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; however, additional related work experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
- Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of directly related experience in a beef processing plant to successfully perform the duties of this job. Experience in both fresh and further processing preferred.
- Previous superintendent experience or equivalent
- Must have full understanding of USDA, OSHA and other federal and state requirements for a beef processing environment.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Proven ability to motivate and accomplish results through others.
- Experience in both union and non-union facilities preferred.