Hatchery Supervisor in the daily operations of the hatch and delivery process and assume responsibilities of the Hatchery Manager in his absence. This individual must be able to work flexible hours and is on call at all times. Due to nature of this position, person should live within a 25 mile radius of the hatchery.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain accurate records and be able to direct the workforce.
- Hire and train personnel.
- Monitor safety rules and regulations.
- Set schedule.
- Observe all Bio-Security programs.
- Oversee and monitor a safe working environment.
- Oversee the production of healthy baby chicks for broiler grown out.
- Monitor and approve payroll in Kronos system
- Monitor JJ Keller driver system and the Lytx drive cam systems daily and perform coaching on drivers when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years experience in a processing or manufacturing environment.
- Must have knowledge of hatchery of baby chicks.
- Previous supervisory experience a must.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recognize and advise when unsafe conditions are observed.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel).
College degree preferred but not required, high school diploma or GED required. Hatchery experience preferred.