CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
POSITION SUMMARY: The Customer Service Rep processes all orders received for accounts that are assigned to this position daily. The Customer Service Rep coordinates the processing of the customer order with Production Planning, Inventory Control, Warehousing personnel, Transportation, QA, R&D, Sales, and the customer, as necessary.
SAFETY IS A CONDITION:
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Processes daily all orders received for accounts that are assigned to this position.
- Maintains a current and accurate procedures manual, which details the processing requirements for each assigned account. Maintains knowledge of each customer's profile (the products they order, frequency of orders, weights, pricing, FOB or delivered, etc.) and communicates with Sales to improve Salespersons' awareness of the status of their customers.
- Evaluates inventory, production and transportation issues in order to coordinate customers' orders.
- Confirms pricing and acknowledges order entry within 24 hours of receipt of order. Ensures proper invoicing of accounts by verifying and confirming customer pricing and contract prices.
- Coordinates between credit, accounting and customer on any discrepancies on invoicing, material and freight.
- Reports customer feedback and all customer complaints, including any sign of customer dissatisfaction, to appropriate management and/or consumer relations.
- Coordinates product and order status between the warehouse, transportation, inventory control, sales and marketing, accounting and the customer.
- Maintains ability to promote partnerships with both internal and external customers.
- Promotes a positive and professional representation of the company to each customer.
- Maintains ability to perform efficiently and follow through on all details, in a fast-paced, customer focused environment.
- Other duties as required by management.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Associate's Degree in a related field is preferred, additional related work experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
- 1-3 years in a customer service related position is required
- Some travel is required in this position and the ability to be available outside of normal business hours
- Professional telephone skills required
- General working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook is preferred
- A strong belief in Customer Service is required
- Outstanding customer service skills required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient and detail oriented
- Able to maintain a positive attitude while dealing with multiple tasks
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.