Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Transportation Manager for our Pilgrim’s Transportation team that is based at our Corporate Office in Greeley, CO.
- Manage day to day operations of transportation department.
- Lead a team of 2 supervisors in managing the transportation needs of poultry plants/ freezers.
- Cultivate relationships with sales team, plant personnel, carrier base, receivers and other key business partners.
- Maintain carrier performance- on time, service levels, lane rates, etc.
- Manage drop trailers and dedicated fleets.
- Educate team on current industry trends.
- Some travel required up to 50%.
- Minimum 5 years of transportation related experience.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and time management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure with time sensitive products.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience.
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Solid decision making and problem solving skills.