PULLET CREW SUPERVISOR
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspects farms for compliance with contract and cooperative agreement standards.
- Advises farmers on development programs to assist in producing quality poultry products.
- Supervise team members including forklift drivers, catchers and vaccinators at the grower location.
- Responsible for maintaining daily moving and vaccination records.
- Maintain a positive communication with the contract rowers during on the farm activities.
- Maintain the safest possible work environment as well as implement safe work practices and rules.
- Assist with catching, loading, and stacking coops on pallets.
- Preform other crew functions such as vaccinating chicks, operating pullet moving trucks, forklifts, and paneling of trucks as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating with contract crew.
- Weighs, handles and fleshes pullets, hens and males.
- Tracks and analyzes hen productivity.
- May collect and transport eggs and track hatchability.
- May schedule and train other employees.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED). Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Typically requires greater than 2 up to 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.
- Working knowledge in poultry moving operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with growers and employees.
- Ability to analyze and resolve operational and mechanical problems
- Working knowledge in poultry vaccination operations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Current driver's license and good driving record.