2nd SHIFT PRODUCT MANAGER
LOCATION: Ottumwa, IA
SALARY CLASS: Salary Exempt
Hours: 2nd shift and weekends as needed
- Identify and recommend opportunities for yield and value improvement
- Cut and conversion profit improvement.
- Lead teams in identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Insure cutting and trimming instructions are followed as specified in product specifications.
- Lead analytical studies targeting industrial process improvement. (Yield testing, Cut tests, etc...)
Analyze and Measurements System:
- Create reports to measure yield value and profit performance. Analyze performance metrics and data, understand, and apply the numbers, explain discrepancies and address all cutting standards and systems using fact-based metrics.
- Work closely with production management and quality assurance. These are the two groups that are most affected by changes to cutting and this position has to communicate clearly and effectively with each.
- Work closely with other plants to identify profit opportunities.
- Travel to processing plants within the JBS locations to compare and benchmark operations.
- Work 40+ hours per week in various areas of the facility
- Possible exposure to slippery floors, extreme temperature variations, loud noise, chemicals, sharp objects (knives), machinery, and vehicles.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Food Science / Meat Science related degree.
- Extensive knowledge and technical skill in a variety of production jobs.
- Previous experience in further processing.
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and competent in organizational, time management skill
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Great customer service skills and professional demeanor
- Computer knowledge required
This position is best suited for a person wishing to advance their career into a business manager position, or a plant manager position.
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.