LIVE HAUL MANAGER
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interviews and hires live haul drivers.
- Schedules drivers and coordinates delivery of live chickens to and from plants and farms.
- Ensures that all equipment is repaired and maintained by shop personnel.
- Works with internal partners, contract catchers, farm managers, and contract growers to ensure supply demands are met.
- Coordinates with the Plant Manager to address problems through resolution.
- Ensures that animal welfare practices are being executed.
- Stays abreast and ensures compliance of DOT regulations.
- Understands and implements PPC safety policies.
- May supervise Superintendents and Supervisors.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. College degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience required
- Microsoft computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required; SAP experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred