JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Part of sales team focusing on retail and foodservice accounts for imported meat products in the USA market.
- Manage daily sales and long-term relationship with major accounts
- Drive new business and account development by developing relationships with customers to grow sales in imported meat products in cooperation with JBS Imports sales team and inside/outside JBS sales resources
- Co-ordinate with logistics and administration teams to ensure customer satisfaction is met
- Investigate all opportunities to grow sales including value adding, new products, portion control, case ready using both JBS production facilities and third party contractors
- Work in collaboration with JBS business units to identify opportunities with customers in sales channels leveraging JBS resources and assets
- Support team management of supply chain optimization and analysis; pricing, specifications, raw materials, yields, costs, demand and supply forecasting
- Work closely with planning and JBS Imports category managers for raw material sourcing
- Collaborate with JBS international business units in forecasting production needs, taking into account seasonality, domestic and international market conditions market demand.
- Provide input into marketing decisions with customers to improve category management and sales revenue with targeted accounts
- Where applicable, provide feedback to JBS production units on quality specifications and provide reports as needed to assist in quality control processes at the production level
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong work ethic – “go to” attitude and ability to work within a small team
- Extensive travel required (approximately 30%), domestic and some international
- Ability to work under pressure and independently create opportunities without direct supervision
Experience and Qualifications
- 10+ years’ experience in sales, preferably in meat products
- Strong knowledge of agricultural supply systems, and exporting / importing / logistics for perishable commodities
- Livestock and meat industry knowledge in Australia, New Zealand, and North America
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Agriculture and or Marketing
- Technical meat knowledge
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $90,000 – $120,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.