This position manages and coordinates the activities of the Refrigeration and Boiler Departments.
- Schedules powerhouse and refrigeration personnel to maintain the department for optimal facility operation.
- Prepares and supervises preventive maintenance (PM) schedules to maintain all systems under the powerhouse and ammonia refrigeration departments.
- Reviews utilities reports.
- Addresses issues that arise which could adversely impact the operational performance of the facility.
- Insures that all OSHA, PSM standards are maintained in a timely and accurate manner.
- Trains personnel in proper operation of equipment and works toward RETA certification for all reports.
- Manages and maintains the maintenance budget for refrigeration.
- Ensures all systems are operated in compliance with OSHA, ASHRAE, and PSM policies and procedures.
- Schedules work crews for 24 hour coverage.
- Oversees all projects related to the plant ammonia system.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of technical school training or high school with comparable experience. BS/BA Degree in Applied Sciences such as Poultry Science, Animal Science or Biology preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 - 10 years in ammonia refrigeration experience.
- RETA certification a plus.
- Must have demonstrated ability to train and supervise subordinates.
- Must be able to work well with management personnel.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to work all days/shifts as needed.
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.