The Superintendent monitors and documents the effectiveness of the pandemic control measures used in the facility, and ensures alignment with the plant and corporate safety program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Complex Human Resources Manager, Training Department, and Safety Manager to cultivate the plant pandemic response culture.
- Serve as the plant level pandemic response subject matter expert.
- Manage pandemic response resources and related departmental budgets.
- Manage plant level health crisis response team of  team members.
- When necessary plan, request, and assist in the hiring of new personnel.
- Work within the plant framework to foster the career growth of direct reports.
- Serve as the primary contact on pandemic issues.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with plant, business unit, and corporate level team members.
- Create, manage, and review site specific pandemic compliance programming.
- Appraise and implement new health regulations as they relate to plant operations.
- Ensure that team members are adequately trained in pandemic response plan procedures.
- Work as the internal incident manager, ensuring that pandemic-related emergencies and injuries are properly managed.
- Oversee, manage and ensure pandemic orientation for all new team members.
- Review all contract documents related to ongoing or proposed work for pandemic related issues.
- Review subcontractor pandemic programs; ensure that subcontractor programs are compliant with corporate, OSHA, and CDC regulations.
- Conduct pandemic response audits. Audits will include a brief summary report noting any deviations from the pandemic response plan and corrective actions that may be necessary to promote the health and safety of workers and the public.
- Organize and conduct pandemic response training as necessary.
The Superintendent is required to be competent in the following:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Strong supervision skills
- Proven ability to lead others
- Communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and motivate employees and communicate objectives and action plans.
- Ability to research pertinent facts, data and other information from internal and external sources
- Proficient use of computer and corresponding programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to implement behavioral-based safety techniques to improve/maintain response plan performance
- Ability to establish positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure all employees temperatures are taken daily via a touchless infrared camera prior to entering plant and that the test results are automatically and electronically fed into HRIS database.
- Ensure all contractors/vendors temperatures taken and COVID-19 screening questionnaire administered prior to granting permission to the facility. Contractor COVID-19 awareness and prevention training must be verified in ISN (contractor management database) as well prior to granting permission to enter the facility.
- Maintain contact tracing for all positive and presumed positive COVID-19 cases and those employees on internal and external quarantine.
- Achieve full compliance with all prevailing Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Center for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 intervention meatpacking guidelines (ie. physical barriers, face masks, social distancing etc.).
- Meet at least monthly with the local and state Health Departments to keep abreast of all current affairs and guidance pertaining to current and potential pandemics/epidemics.
- Track and follow up on all confirmed or presumed positive COVID-19 cases.
- Ensure that all new hires and current employees are trained at new hire and annually thereafter on COVID-19 awareness and prevention.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.