JBS is searching for a Accounting Manager- Breeding Stock in our Live Pork Department.
The role can be located at the Corporate office in Greeley, CO, Russellville, AR or Dalhart, TX.
This role is responsible for leading the administrative staff and financial functions related to breeding stock for Live Pork. Will provide direction through being a strong business partner and leader. This position is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of day-to-day live pork production accounting activities along with supervisory responsibility over the P&L accounting, breeding stock production data, and production system administration.
- Build and Analyze periodic financial and operational reports
- Production accounting, inventory management and expense reporting
- Lead month-end close process for breeding stock
- Lead capital expenditure budget, request, analysis and tracking process
- Lead budgeting and forecasting process for areas of responsibility
- Some travel (20%)
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 2-7 years in an accounting role preferred
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to details
- Advanced analytical skills, accuracy and attention to details, and good research skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel required
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and ask questions as needed
- Previous management experience preferred (1 to 3 years)
- Passion for the industry and accounting
- Experience in SAP and ERP Costing Systems is helpful
- Excellent communication, computer, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of management accounting including variance analysis and root cause analysis
- Strong critical thinking skills, analysis and decision making skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- CPA/MBA preferred
- Cost Accounting Experience preferred
- Live animal operational accounting or meat experience helpful
- Experience with M-tech ERP System preferred
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $67,000-$90,000 and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity