3RD SHIFT LIVESTOCK HANDLER, TATTOOER
3RD SHIFT LIVESTOCK HANDLER/TATTOOER
- 3rd shift, flexible as needed or required
- Assure that all animal welfare is being followed at all times
- Set up and tattoo hogs using established procedures and designated equipment.
- Keep running total of hogs.
- Direct hogs to designated pen after applying tattoo.
- Verify hog counts with state weigher.
- Complete ante-mortem cards as needed to be signed by government inspectors.
- Monitor and confirm that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained and sanitized.
- Washing and cleaning required
- Direct live hogs from the trucks through the yards to the Kill Floor
- Attend meeting as scheduled or called.
- Perform various other duties as needed or as assigned.
- Previous experience working with live hogs preferred but not required
- Basic math skills
- Good people skills
- Self-motivated - work well without direct supervision
- Must be able to work with live hogs
- Must be able to operate bobcat skid loader
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good work history and attendance
- Physically able to direct live hogs for an entire shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled