MARKET INTELLIGENCE ANALYST - SALES
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Market Intelligence Analyst for Pilgrim’s that is based out of the Greeley, CO Corporate Office.
The goal of this role is to become an integral and trusted advisor of proactive insights to the different sales teams (Retail, Food Service and Exports), while generating effective market opportunities for our company. This role is responsible for helping the company to identify and maximize our sales market opportunities, by understanding our industry environment, defining how we diversify, mitigate risks, grow and compete in the market properly. It will be responsible to strengthening our position with our key customers, while impacting multiple levels of our market strategies and our sales organization. He/she will be responsible for further developing our market Intelligence program for each sales channel, organizing and developing our Market Intelligence routines, setting processes to provide insights and collaborate with different stakeholders to develop market opportunities.
- A successful candidate must be a cultural fit and appreciate our company values.
- He/she should take the initiative, be independent and motivated by creating market opportunities.
- Must build meaningful relationships with the sales leaders, become a trusted advisor, be embedded in their decision making processes, effectively manage their expectations and align on priorities that deliver the most impactful market opportunities.
- He/She must be able to carry out our market intelligence vision effectively, becoming a leader while championing and enhancing our organizational initiatives by positively influencing change management.
- Have clear communication, especially when presetting insights to customers and executive teams.
- The person should be able to easily understand the business dynamics, connect with the company objectives and the big picture, while being able to effectively manage strategic and tactical sales initiates.
- Needs a strong analytical background, translate market information to insights, so that we can use it to drive decisions in a fact based environment and translate data into strategy that will lead to profitable decisions.
- Must be able to build a strong network to keep track of the market movements and have a strong sense of urgency to still comprehensively update our market view.
- He/she must have a growth and research mindset, test and verify our knowledge of the market factors / fundamentals, create and develop new tools and process to support current routines, and have the strong drive to constantly improve.
- He/she must be organized to manage projects along with routines and requests.
- Stakeholder management:
- Work closely with stakeholders to proactively diagnose their main opportunities, identify strategic initiatives and set priorities.
- Be fully integrated into with Stakeholder decision making processes, anticipate their needs, take a consultative approach to meet their demands.
- Define each segment key market indicators or topics, map relevant information and develop our market view.
- Create a pipeline of opportunities for the stakeholders in line with their KPI’s and company goals.
- Collaborate with different teams to identify market opportunities, track actions based on market intel and go-to-market initiatives and support the execution of strategies until we realize these opportunities.
- Produce regular weekly and monthly reports and analysis.
- Maintain current and emerging developments/trends for your market scope, assess the impact, and collaborates with stakeholders to incorporate them to our plans.
- Deliver gap analysis relative to our competitors and demand and work with sales teams to identify new channel and customer opportunities.
- Build customer profiles, segment them in accordance to our goals, creating a pipeline of opportunities and provide insights on targeting strategies.
- Partner with sales stakeholders to understand market & competitive strengths / weaknesses / opportunities / threats; support actionable assessment as well as the identification, creation & execution of activities based on this assessment.
- Work with Sales stakeholders to thoroughly understand market & competitive trouble-spots and tactical needs, provide relevant insights and enhance our positioning and product/service offerings.
- Partner with sales teams to create Joint Business Planning with our customers and define best market positioning to enhance our competitiveness against key competitors to win more business.
- Perform demand analysis on all segments of our business (Retail, FoodService, Export, etc) and update and improve our forecast models.
- Provide assistance to sales teams on helping diagnose customers opportunities and provide insight that will help us grow profitability with our customers.
- Provides intelligence and consultative guidance for product positioning, sales training and selling activities for our sales teams.
- Present insights to customers when needed.
- Market Intelligence Process:
- Leverage our internal and external resources to collaborate on insights and further develop our market intelligence network and field intelligence program to provide a comprehensive view of the marketplace.
- Develop and manage our market information database, manage multiple data sources, build our dashboards, platforms and automate processes.
- Implementing well-vetted analytical methodologies.
- Prioritize the most impactful decisions and opportunities.
- Create an active customer and competitive intelligence information and benchmarking database.
- Prepare primary and secondary market research with internal/external key partners.
- Develop our communication devices (reports, forums, webinars, meetings, etc) and routines to appropriately share actionable intelligence with audiences in a timely manner.
- Identify and recommend process improvements that significantly improve quality across the teams.
- Develops and continually improves Market Intelligence program to provide an understanding of the external marketplace and offer insight into impacts potential courses of action for the business.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to review and disseminate successes of recent market research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Business, Statistics, or related field.
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in Market Intelligence, Category Management, Marketing or similar insights roles.
- Has worked in a corporate environment, working in a cross functional environment, with proven insights experience to sales teams.
- Experience with analytics and insights.
- Experience with project management and process improvements.
- Travel - mostly domestic, up to 50% depending on the time of the year.
- Excellent communication, networking, collaborative and relational skills.
- Strong analytical, consultative and problem solving skills.
- Organized and strong planner.
- Researcher mindset, with a great ability to communicate and present insights to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of Marketing tools and methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with pulling data from various data sources (IRI, USDA, etc.).
- Good understanding of how to properly display data.
- Understanding of reporting tools and concepts.
- QlikView, data management, working knowledge of VBA, and statistical analysis and tools.
- Background working in CPG or agriculture industry.