Plumrose Plant Accounting Manager Bacon Operation
Job Title: Plant Accounting Manager Bacon Operation
Location: Ottumwa, IA
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
The Plant Accounting Manager is responsible for managing and directing all finance efforts of the plant as well as support other administrative plant functions, as needed. Accountable for all financial aspects of the plant in collaboration with plant management, while ensuring compliance with company policies. You will be instrumental in bringing analytical analyses to leadership team to enable decisions that directly impact business performance and outcomes.
- Assist management with monthly/quarterly/annual reporting package.
- Perform P&L explanation for key variances in Price, Mix, Volume and Cost drivers.
- Analyzing current and past financial data and performance.
- Preparing reports and projections based on this analysis.
- Establishing and evaluating profit plans.
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Providing financial models and forecasting.
- Prepare budgeting and forecasts including ZBB (zero based budgeting).
- Maintains accounting procedures and documentation. Maintains internal finance systems and drives performance measurements from a financial view and monitors key accounts.
- Responsible for providing the organization and its management with appropriate financial and operating information. This individual and the accounting staff are expected to work with other department groups on problems involving financial reporting, controls and performance.
- Prepares annual budget in accordance with corporate process and manages the budget and estimates monthly through the year.
- Work with plant manager and procurement team to reduce the inventory balance at plant level
- Leads the effort to identify cost savings improvement ideas for plant. Tracks the actual performances of these savings, while partnering with local plant management and divisional team for cost savings ideas. Will participate in continuous improvement teams to help drive improvement and positive change.
- Conduct plant audits to review inventories of fixed assets, finished product, work in process, raw materials, packaging and spare parts in the storeroom.
- Review/update and create standard cost for each SKU for finished goods or WIP.
- Ensures all plant personnel and supervisors are adequately trained in all required accounting procedures, audit and review as needed.
- Reviews the storeroom to ensure cycle counts are complete and inventory is accurate – assist in full physical inventory as needed.
- First line approver in the procurement process on all plant requisitions. Responsible for making sure that the proper general ledger account and cost centers are correctly being used. This includes classification of plant and capital expenditures.
- Prepares all Capital Expenditure requests in AFETS for routing approvals and ensures all proper supporting documents are attached.
- Ensure all accounts payable and supplier inquiries are responded to in a timely fashion and effective corrective action occurs.
- Coordinate with quality to ensure all non-conforming material is properly placed and released from Quality Hold and dispositioned correctly.
- Perform month-end reconciliation and accounting close processes.
- Heavy focus on internal controls. Identify financial risks and develop appropriate action plans.
- Supervise and motivate staff and ensure successful completion of accounting duties and reports.
- Monitor performance of direct reports. Review direct reports and approve performance appraisals
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Education requirement: BA or BS in Accounting.
- Five to seven years of manufacturing experience in senior level finance or accounting position, and solid understanding of standard cost accounting.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- MS Office proficiency, SAP proficiency strongly preferred
- Excellent professional communication -both written and verbal. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Collaboration skills
- A team player with a positive, can do attitude and agility to flex multiple work streams fluidly
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Plant working environment.
- Food Manufacturing Operations environment
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers or on indeed.com.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.