COMPLEX SAFETY & HEALTH MANAGER
Complex Safety & Health Manager - Nacogdoches, TX
This position will be responsible for providing guidance, direction and leadership to the site’s safety process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement, and maintain all corporate Safety and Health programs.
- Develop and maintain site’s Share Point.
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Corporate Safety Manager.
- Assists in the investigation of all near misses, first aid cases, recordable cases, lost day injuries, as described in the Corporate Safety Leadership and accountability Program.
- Assist the Fleet Safety Regional Manager in the investigation of vehicular accidents.
- Track injury trends and develop action plans to address identified accident trends.
- Keep the management team informed of any safety and health related issues and/or concerns identified within your respective scope of responsibility.
- Interact daily with the Occupational Health Nurse(s) in a way that builds a team atmosphere within the safety and medical areas of the site.
- Spend time being visible in the processing plant and other site locations.
- Conduct periodic safety and health audits and track findings to ensure closure.
- Provide the Corporate Safety Office with the site’s monthly safety performance numbers by the deadline dates.
- Be actively involved in the site’s Workers’ Compensation program by attending regularly scheduled meetings, providing supporting documentation for claims in litigation, and assist the Occupational Health Nurse/Third Party Administrator in effectively managing all open claims.
- Provide training support to the organization and ensure that all required monthly training is completed as scheduled.
- Manage security force in a fashion that protects site employees, visitors, contractors, and property and assets.
- Be the site’s liaison when outside agencies come on-site to conduct annual assessments (i.e., insurance carrier, local fire department, OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Generate, manage and monitor the safety departmental budget by evaluate ways of saving costs associated with training, travel, as well as personal protective equipment.
- Be the site’s liaison with the Property Insurance Company to provide closure to open recommendations in addition to working with company’s Engineering Construction Department to ensure all new construction meets FM Global specifications.
- Intimately be involved with local medical community in a fashion that all medical vendors understand the company’s philosophy on OSHA recordkeeping and return to work programs.
- Five or more years of safety experience in the food industry preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge in the areas of Workers Compensation, OSHA, DOT, etc. is essential.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) capabilities would be a plus.
- Must be available 24/7 as needed.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors/Masters degree in Safety Engineering/Management or related field.