HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods (formerly Plumrose USA) is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Scope of Position:
Our Company is in search of an experienced HR Generalist who will be responsible for applying business knowledge, human resources practices and employee relations expertise. He or she will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the plant by offering guidance on performance management, employee relations and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and management.
- Partner with management to advise and counsel on personnel issues
- Cover and fill in when Human Resources Manager is absent
- Provide facility supervision on employee relations matters including; investigations, resolving conflict, and communications in regards to employee questions, issues, or concerns.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with ADA, FMLA, EEOC, etc. Stay current on recent federal, state and case law changes and monitor labor law updates for changes that affect HR.
- Establish, evaluate and maintain departmental reports and key indicators. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to make continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Propose, publish and administer personnel policies.
- Prepare and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data. Maintain HRIS integrity.
- Respond to any questions and/or requests by governmental agencies, including employee complaints.
- Responsible for internal company communication, including bulletin boards, company newsletter, etc.
- Administer unemployment claims.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of HR experience required
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred or equivalent years of experience
- Customer-focused attitude and excellent communication skills with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Manage multiple priorities and dynamic deadlines,
- Able to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Efficient time management and communication
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Bilingual Spanish or Burmese/Karen a strong plus
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends
- Office and plant setting: the plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold (non-weather related), and working near moving mechanical parts
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.