KPAC OPERATOR - 2nd SHIFT
Position Title: K-PAC Operator
Location: Greeley, CO Value Added Plant
Salary Class: Non-Exempt
Purpose & Scope:
Our company is in search of a Ground Beef K-Pac Operator. This position requires the ability to attain production and quality goals for customer specifications while ensuring the safest working environment possible. The person in this position is responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team-oriented workforce in order to improve business results. Operators identify problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolve issues; support continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, yields, cost, and customer service.
- Ability to direct the workforce.
- Ensure product is packaged properly with no product or moisture leaking out.
- Keep up on K-Pac maintenance needs
- Prepare all pre-operational paperwork and insure HACCP forms are completed before start-up.
- Assemble K-Pac start up and beginning of shift
- Insure product is at right temperature for packaging.
- Prepare downtime reports for the K-Pac machine.
- Perform clip and seal checks.
- Monitor chubs to insure proper weight of products.
- Assure that the correct numbers of boxes are produced to complete each out-going load.
- And any other duties as reasonably associated with the above duties as assigned.
- Maintain product counts
- Stimulate maximum safety, efficiency, motivation and productivity
- Anticipate and determine causes of delays in operations and take appropriate actions to meet production schedules
- Monitor and confirm that machinery, equipment and facilities are properly maintained and sanitized for efficient production
- Responsible for meeting volume goals, reducing claims, maximizing yields, and reducing cost
- Positive attitude
- Problem solving
- Self-starter but able to take direction
- Verbal and written communication skills
Education: Minimum high school diploma or equivalency required
Experience: Minimum 1-2 years in a food manufacturing plant or similar; Ground beef experience preferred but not required
- Cold and fast paced environment
- Heavy lifting
- Sharp equipment
- Manufacturing setting
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Schedule M-F and weekends when needed
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $18.92-$22.00
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.