SHIPPING SUPERVISOR 3rd SHIFT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Ensures products, parts, or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner.
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities such as production, sales, records control, and purchasing departments.
- Prepares or reviews distribution documents.
- Screens and hires warehouse personnel and issues work assignments.
- Controls costs through productivity of personnel, efficient utilization of storage space, and proper protection of stored materials.
- Maintains records of inventories and location for production control and cost accounting.
- Recommends warehouse/material handling equipment needs and replacement.
- Responsible for enforcing company policies of conduct and safety and initiates disciplinary action.
- Identifies the causes of product losses and takes corrective action.
- May require travel
- May require availability outside of normal business hours
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
EDUCATION: Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires greater than 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Not Applicable