JBS Souderton is looking for an experienced Harvest Superintendent. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of operations experience in a meat packing or live operations plant. Experience with animal handling is required. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, driven and have a desire to grow within an organization.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective operation of all the departments involved in the harvest floor.
- Manages daily operation beginning in the livestock pens all the way through to the cooler loading and unloading.
- Tracks and ensures acceptable yield levels on all products both carcass, head and offal.
- Performs daily safety walks correcting non-compliance issues.
- Performs audits on Humane Handling taking corrective action on errors and finding opportunity to improve processes.
- Helps develop the management team of the Harvest Floor.
- Schedule harvest floor activities such as start time, break time, chain speed, and employee rotation.
- Ensures all policies and the collective bargaining agreement is understood and enforced.
- Hear grievances at step 1 that are related to the Harvest Floor.
- Help address any USDA regulatory issues.
- Contributes to the ongoing development of JBS policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Communicate to all levels within the organization of issues involving the harvest floor.
- Minimum 5 years or experience working on harvest floor as a supervisor or general foreman
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred but not required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships and work collaboratively
- Demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Must be able to work in hot temperatures and extended hours (including some weekends)
- Must be physically able to move around the harvest floor, maneuvering on and around uneven and slippery surfaces and tight spaces.