Live Receiver Nights
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. The Live Receiving Worker will rotate within the department. Rotation could include but not limited to live hang, loading and unloading drawers, forklift driver and backup to the finishing machine.
2. Back-up the finishing machine to ensure all birds meet Animal Welfare standards
3. Inserts drawers at required rate.
4. Safely and efficiently load and unload drawers of birds off the shuttle trucks
5. Keep work area clean and picked up at all times
6. Reports any equipment damage or potential mechanical problems to the supervisor or lead person immediately
7. Performs other duties as assigned
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
• Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
• Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
• Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
• Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Ability to stand and use hands for up to 8 to 10 hours
• Ability to apply common sense and follow detailed but basic written or oral instructions
• Ability to effectively communicate with others
• Ability to work in a changing environment
• Must be observant and highly responsive
• Excellent hand/eye coordination
• Ability to operate a forklift preferred
• Valid Driver License strongly preferred
• To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.