GB B SHIFT QA SUPERVISOR
Provide expert leadership in overseeing Quality Assurance initiatives to achieve the organization’s Quality Assurance agenda and to meet USDA and customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Expertise in product specifications, GMP, SSOP, Export procedures, product labeling and regulatory requirements that contribute to Quality Assurance.
- Lead, mentor and evaluate plant Quality Assurance personnel.
- Implement programs and procedures to effectively evaluate, monitor and trend product quality. Prepare and review daily and weekly plant Quality Assurance information including: product quality audits, tare efficiencies etc.
- Liaison between Plant Management, Customers, and the facility’s USDA personnel on Quality Assurance, Export and Labeling topics.
- Implement corrective actions and special projects to achieve Quality Assurance objectives.
- Assist the plant Technical Services Manager to achieve Food Safety and Quality objectives.
- Manage special projects as assigned by Corporate Technical Services.
- Strive for continuous improvement in Quality Assurance.
- Quality and Work Standards
- Coaching and Mentoring of Others
- Problem Analysis
- Delivery of Results
- Team Player
- Oral & Written Communications
- Decision Making Skills
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Animal, Meat, or Food Science preferred
- Minimum of five years of Quality Assurance management experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of product specifications, Animal Handling, GMP’s, SSOP’s, Export procedures and regulatory requirements that contribute to Quality Assurance
- Basic understanding of Quality Assurance, Food Microbiology, Plant Sanitation, Process Control and Food Safety
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent problem analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills